Welcome!

If you're reading this you are probably already familiar with the OneLapCamaro. We've created this blog as a test of sorts to see how we can best share our experiences in testing and racing on the web. I hope that by the time we run in the One Lap of America in April of 2010 that we will have 'dialed in' this blog as well as the car. Please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the blog - its format, it layout, and its functionality - so that we can make the most of it next spring.

Countdown to the 2010 Tire Rack One Lap of America

Sunday, September 20, 2009

SSCC 2009 - The Result are In!

Jimi is at the SSCC Awards Banquet in Las Vegas as David and I haul the OneLapCamaro back to California after a long long day.  I just got a text message that we finished in 2nd Place in the 115 mph class!!!  We were off by a little over a second at the finish (I don't know if it was slow or fast but my guess is fast based on our thoughts after the race) but still got the job done!

I am really pleased with how the car ran and how we were able bring home a second place trophy - lots of hard work and a great result for our second time at the Silver State Classic Challenge.




Thanks to OPTIMA Batteries for making this happen and thanks to Jimi for his awesome navigating and David for his support and prep help. Hat's off the the SSCC organizers and to all of the volunteers who made the event possible!

I can't wait for next time when we'll look to move up to the 130 mph class!  Woo Hoo!!!

For now we're going to call it a night - once I get back to Calgary I'll try to collect some thoughts from the weekend and reflect on another great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment