Welcome!

If you're reading this you are probably already familiar with the OneLapCamaro. We've created this blog as a test of sorts to see how we can best share our experiences in testing and racing on the web. I hope that by the time we run in the One Lap of America in April of 2010 that we will have 'dialed in' this blog as well as the car. Please feel free to let us know your thoughts on the blog - its format, it layout, and its functionality - so that we can make the most of it next spring.

Countdown to the 2010 Tire Rack One Lap of America

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Nothing is Possible Without Good Friends

I have always said that custom cars - of any description - are rarely built without the help, support, and input of others and the OneLapCamaro is certainly no exception.  I have benefitted greatly from the hard work of many creative, knowledgable and talented people over the last four years but none so much as David and Mary Pozzi.  That's not meant to in any way diminish the contribution of the many others who have helped and influenced the project - everyone's help every step of the way has made a difference - every idea, product, and drop of sweat has made the Camaro a better and better car and I think it shows.

Over the last six months David and Mary have really helped to turn what was a really nice car with raw potential into (what I think is) an awesome car that can stand with the best anywhere.  The same applies, I think, to me as a driver as well - although instead of 'stand with the best anywhere' maybe I should say 'able to hold my own with a lot of others'... or the very least I'm game to try. 

Rather than risking to somehow diminish their contributions while putting them in to words, to David and Mary I will simply say Thank You from the bottom of my heart for your friendship, expertise, support, advice and hard, hard work.  It is appreciated more than you can imagine and I only hope that one day I will be able to return the favor to you and that I will be able to use your example to mentor others.

James

No comments:

Post a Comment